Sunday, January 30, 2011

BJP 2011 First Beadwork piece of the year

My beadwork journaling this year will be dedicated to my 
brother, Randy, who lost his fight with Leukemia on the 
18th of this month.  He was the oldest in our family of 
5 siblings, and the first to pass away.  

I have decided to take a favorite thing he liked 
and use it for inspiration each month.

Randy and his wife lived on the west coast of Florida, 
right near the beach.  So, one of their favorite things 
to do was go walk the beach, but also to watch the 
sea turtles come up in shore and lay their eggs.  

Here, my first beading piece, is a combination of tye-dye 
material, various unique seashell type beads, and size 15 
beads for a suggestion of sand.  There is a turtle bead 
swimming in the water above the star fish shell 
and all the other shells/beads on the sea floor







Rest in peace big bro...

we miss you so!

12 comments:

  1. Great piece - my condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb.
    Sorry your brother passed. This theme will certainly will help your grieving process.

    Did you paint the material at all? If not, you sure picked the perfect piece. Love the turtle.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done with much heartfelt meaning and love, it's very special and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry for your loss.
    This is a lovely piece and I especially love the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart goes out to you for your terrible loss. What a lovely tribute to your beloved brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very special piece. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly beautiful tribute - your combination of colors and beads have a very underwater feel..tranquil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I listened to "Call of the Sea" while I admired your tribute to Randy. It is a beautiful memorial to him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Debi. What a lovely piece of fabric... I'm glad you didn't cover it entirely. Your plan for the year, a way of staying with your big bro, is very touching. I shall be honored to take this monthly journey along with you. It will be my pleasure to meet Randy in this way.

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to remember your brother! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear....love your dedication to brother Randy....it does capture Florida in a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your work is so beautiful and supremely creative!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete